amfori is the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,200 retailers, importers, brands and associations from more than 40 countries. Our mission is to enable each of their members to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges and amfori works in close collaboration with its members as well as diverse stakeholders to tackle them.
Headquartered in Brussels, amfori has a strong presence globally through Local Networks. amfori’s members come from all parts of the world and their supply chains can stretch across several continents. amfori’s Local Networks are a key platform for members to exchange views and insights from a local perspective, discuss current challenges and get local support tailored to their needs and language
As the Stakeholder Engagement Manager, you will lead the development of the sustainability engagement and cooperation model with a wide range of organisations with an interest in working conditions and environmental issues in global supply chains. You will be responsible to engage with diverse stakeholders such as NGOs, European Institutions, business organisations, trade union federations, academia and other organization at global level.
Responsibilities will include:
- Shape and lead the stakeholder engagement strategy, delivering projects on topics such as womens empowerment
- Drive stakeholder roundtables and develop strategies which synthesise the concerns from NGOs with the needs of amfori members
- Oversee and strengthen amforis external network engaging with international organisations, institutions, trade unions and non-governmental organisations at the national, European and international level
- Represent amfori in a variety of stakeholder events, and organisations
- The ideal individual will be a strong team player with excellent communication skills and a proven ability to build and nurture effective and long-term relationships at the most senior level.
Skills and attributes include:
- Expertise in the distribution sector and global supply chains
- Extensive network in the different international organisations, governments, trade unions, NGOs and business associations
- A strong network across the European institutions and academia
- Experience of working in Asia
- Fluent English with Asian languages is desirable
This role offers a great opportunity to work in a multicultural team, gaining insight into a broad range of sectors and working with a diverse range of organisations, all with a focus in sustainability.