FTA Director General, Christian Ewert is among the top 10 leaders driving corporate social responsibility in China according to the China World Trade Organization (WTO) Tribune and Chinese consulting firm, Goldenbee.
Christian Ewert was praised for strengthening cooperation between European brands and Chinese suppliers to make supply chains more sustainable. Mr Ewert’s dedication towards increasing FTA’s collaboration with stakeholders was also praised, with special mention to the Memorandum of Understanding signed with Zhejiang Province CSR Promotion Association and China WTO Tribune in June 2016. The agreement aims to promote CSR in Zhejiang Province and includes the building of an international CSR standards cooperation network.
Christian Ewert has the distinction of being the only non-Chinese leader to make the list other than the Executive Director of CSR Europe.
This is a recognition not just of our Director General, but of the efforts of FTA member companies to promote sustainable practices with their Chinese partners.
Top 10 CSR Leaders in China, in alphabetical order:
- Mr Chen Feng, Chairman, HNA Group
- Mr Christian Ewert, Director General, FTA
- Mr Ge Jun, VP, Apple
- Mr Guo Xiuming, Associate Counsel, Department of Policies, Laws and Regulations, MIIT
- Ms Li Ling, Vice Chairman , China Association of Enterprises with Foreign Investment
- Dr Liang Xiaohui, Deputy Chief Economist, China National Textile Info Centre and Chief Researcher, Office for Social Responsibility, CNTAC
- Ms. Qian Xiaojun, Deputy Dean, School of Economics and Management, Tsinghua University
- Mr Song Zhiping, Chairman, China National Building Materials Group Corporation
- Mr Stefan Crets, Executive Director, CSR Europe
- Mr Zhang Junfeng, Former Deputy Director, Institute of International Labour and Social Security of MOHRSS, Member of GoldenBee Expert Committee
View the original article.