As part of its revision cycle, the amfori team has been revising the amfori BSCI System Manual tools and guidelines together with members, key stakeholders and business partners since 2021.
In this update, we are:
- Emphasising the responsability of companies to undertake due diligence
- Emphasising amfori's role as an enabler and service provider
- Making structural revisions to the Systems Manual to closer align content to the OECD due diligence steps
- Claryfying on key concepts (e.g. prioritisation, risk assessment, continuous improvement)
- Refining all questions, with special attention to crucial questions to align with updated amfori BSCI Code of Conduct and improve assessments of key risk areas
- Reviewing all the content with a gender-lens and emphasising the protection of vulnerable persons
- Aligning the concepts and process of the amfori BSCI Monitoring with amfori Sustainability Platform
- Introducing a new audit methodology for agricultural production of food
Public Consultation of amfori BSCI System Manual
Between 20 July – 20 September 2022, we welcome everyone, all stakeholders, members, their business partners, organisations, experts and our partners, to read the amfori BSCI System Manual Parts and provide input and feedback via the form below.
You can focus on all sections or only on the specific sections where you have expertise.
The consultation is on the following documents. For each updated part you of the System Manual, you will find 2 documents: the Part of the system manual and the changes that have been made in the Part.
- amfori BSCI System Manual Part 1 - amfori BSCI Due Diligence Approach
- amfori BSCI System Manual Part 2 - amfori BSCI Monitoring Approach
- amfori BSCI System Manual Part 3 - amfori BSCI Monitoring Interpretation Guidelines for Monitoring Partners (Manufacturing Audit Scope)
- amfori BSCI System Manual Part 3 - amfori BSCI Monitoring Interpretation Guidelines for Monitoring Partners (Agriculture Audit Scope - NEW)
- amfori BSCI System Manual Part 3: amfori BSCI audit interpretation guidelines for Large farms
- amfori BSCI System Manual Part 3: amfori BSCI audit interpretation guidelines for Small and Small-holder farms
- amfori BSCI System Manual Part 4 - amfori BSCI Monitoring Interpretation Guidelines for Business Partners
Please note that Templates and Annexes will be aligned with the final version of the System Manual.
Feedback will be analysed throughout September and October 2022. Relevant changes will then be made in consultation with the amfori Governance Bodies.