Local Network. Global Impact
Bangladesh is the second most important a key sourcing market for amfori members. The country is also the second biggest ready-made garment exporter worldwide, with the industry providing jobs for more than four million people in the country, of which 80 percent are women. amfori has established itself locally as a hub of training and guidance, and internationally as a reliable on-the ground source of expertise.
Our Network aims to provide comprehensive training and improve dialogue with key stakeholders. As such, amfori and its members can foster a culture of sustainability for trade and supply chain operations.
Saiful Millat is the Network Representative. “We are open for supporting our members, producers and other stakeholders, at all times. We listen carefully and then extend the best solution as and when required”.
- Bangladesh Accord Extended During Transition (24/5/2019)
- Providing Assistance to Fire Safety in Bangladesh (10/4/2019)
- Protest Follows Minimum Wage Hike in Bangladesh (13/3/2019)
- Opportunities for Bangladesh in the Leather Sector (28/11/2018)
- amfori Calls for Solutions on Bangladesh Accord (27/11/2018)