12-month project to improve the lives of workers and boost Thailand’s reputation as a responsible sourcing country.
The project is targeting 70 Thai producers to:
• Promote the benefits of a business culture that incorporates responsible recruitment practices and diligent supply chain monitoring
• Raise awareness about the responsibility of Thai companies to prevent, detect and remediate negative human rights impacts in their supply chains
• Develop local business leaders to inspire other companies to move towards more responsible recruitment practices and business relations
• Strengthen trade relations between Thailand and export markets, particularly through amfori members
Companies taking part in the project will increase their competitiveness by improving recruitment and employment practices through:
• Top-level management workshops that give managers the skills to assess risks, initiate change and communicate the renewed strategy to the rest of the company
• Middle-level management training sessions about how to conduct due diligence on recruiters and business partners, and how to establish effective workplace grievance mechanisms
• On-site visits that will support each company in developing and implementing the remediation plans drawn up after the different training sessions
• Identifying the six best performing companies that will be granted special acknowledgement.