Job Title: Environmental Chemical Services Expert
At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. We call this Trade with Purpose.
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools that enable them to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with high-level stakeholders to achieve common aims.
Our work enables organisations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges across the world which require a collaborative effort to tackle. So, while our members can’t solve them on their own, together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
About the role
As Environmental Chemical Service Expert at amfori you will have the following responsibilities:
- Manage amfori’s environmental and chemical services – today mainly applying to Textile.
- Lead the high-level delivery of chemical and environmental programs to amfori members ensuring high-quality standards are maintained.
- Collaborate with amfori’s strategy and innovation team and amfori public affairs to provide relevant expertise and support on chemicals-related matters when needed.
- Engage with relevant stakeholders and expert industry organizations and institutions.
- Represent amfori at internal and external technical meetings.
- Identify Environmental Chemical programme continuous improvement element and oversee its implementation.
- Manage the Environmental Chemical Programme Services Providers community.
- Upkeep and oversee the high-level quality of Environmental Chemical Services.
- Delivering amfori’s Environmental Chemical programmes with the expected level of quality and integrity.
- Increase internal and external awareness of our Environmental Chemical Services.
- Active stakeholder engagement that allows amfori to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in this area.
- Identifying issues that are of equal importance to all / most members.
- Master's degree in a science-related field (environmental, chemical, …)
- STEM (science/ technology/ engineering/ math) background is an asset
- At least 5 years’ experience in the environmental chemical field
- Extensive knowledge in Environmental Management Systems standards (ISO 14 000, 14064, 5001, …)
- Experience with working in sourcing regions (China, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, …)
- Industry experience is preferable
- Auditing experience/skills is an asset
- Experienced in continuous improvement programme
- Product development and management experience is an asset
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Collaboration with service providers
- Client focus (collaboration with members) and managing relationships
- Effective communication skills
- Used and pleased to work within an international context
- Thorough working proficiency in English
- Any other language is an asset
- Permanent contract
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, group insurance, DKV hospital and dental insurance and contribution to public transportation for the commute to work.
- Possible travel within Europe; and
- An exciting international environment located in the heart of Brussels.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the candidate would work from home until at least 31 May 2021. After then, they would be expected to work from amfori’s main office in Brussels
How to apply
To apply send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com mentioning ‘Environmental Chemical Services Expert’ in the subject line.