A world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone
We enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally
Our vision is of a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this Trade with Purpose.
- Build our organization to be future fit
We will continue to be strong, flexible and relevant, ensuring our members’ voices shape our strategic approach and all our activities. We will build our membership and our geographic presence to drive change at scale.
- Support our members through insight, expertise and influence
We will increase our capacity to monitor and predict trends and developments that impact our members. We will continue to provide world-class tools that enable our members to anticipate trends and effectively manage their supply chains. We will create mutually beneficial partnerships that support our members on their issues.
- Inspire action around the world
We will continue to show how individuals and corporations can promote open and responsible trade, acting as a beacon of good practice, pioneering meaningful trade policies and developing a network of ambassadors.
- Grow high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow
We will continue to embed sustainability in our members’ organizational DNA; build capability and capacity and develop best practice business models that enable organizations to achieve their goals.
- Prosper by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals and increasing human prosperity for all
Through our combined membership we will reach a tipping point where business behaviour can positively change society, drive significant impact towards the SDGs and create profitable business.
Culture & Values
- Leadership: Be a leading force for positive change
- Collaboration: Foster collaborative networks that empower stakeholders worldwide to achieve a common vision
- Excellence: Deliver the best we can in everything we do
Reporting to the Environmental Programme Lead:
- Contribute to the overall development of amfori chemical and environmental programmes
- Contribute to the quality activities of environmental and chemicals related services
- Lead the operational delivery of amfori environmental/chemical programs to amfori members ensuring high quality standards are maintained
- Collaborate with amfori’s different teams to provide relevant expertise and support on environmental/chemical related matters when needed
- Advise and support on relevant internal projects
- Delivering operationally amfori’s environmental/chemical programme with the expected level of quality and integrity
- Increase internal and external awareness of amfori services and know-how in this area
- Contribute to identify issues which are of equal importance to all / most members
- Master degree in science related field (preferably Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering)
- Stem (science/ technology/ engineering/ math) background is an asset
- At least 5 years of relevant experience (HSE, regulatory affairs, chemicals issues in the supply chain...)
- Extensive knowledge in Environmental Management Systems standards (ISO 14 001, 14064, 50001, …)
- Experience with working in sourcing regions (China, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, …)
- Industry/auditing experience is preferable
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Used and pleased to work within international context
- Thorough working proficiency in English
- Any other language is an asset
- Willingness to travel (app. 10%)
If interested, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org