Job Title: Environmental Programmes Lead
At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. We call this Trade with Purpose.
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools that enable them to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with high-level stakeholders to achieve common aims.
Our work enables organisations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges across the world which require a collaborative effort to tackle. So, while our members can’t solve them on their own, together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
About the role
As Environmental Programmes Lead at amfori you will:
- Manage amfori’s environmental programme: Climate Change, Chemicals (today mainly applying to Textile), Wastes and other environmental indicators;
- Oversee related services;
- Ensure the growth of environmental services towards more industrial sectors covered, more members, more producers and a relevant services providers community;
- Single point of contact (SPOC) for any internal and external query related to the Environmental Programme, including the services proposed by the Environmental Programme but managed by a different Programme/Project lead;
- Identify environmental programme continuous improvement element and oversee its implementation;
- Manage the Environmental Programme Services Providers community;
- Upkeep and oversee the high-level quality of environmental services;
New services development
- Provide Strategy & Innovation and Public Affairs departments with information/signals regarding environmental services threats or opportunities;
- Support S&I amfori department during the piloting phase of new tools and services;
Promotion of the Environmental Programme
- Represent and promote internally and externally the Environmental Programme;
- Engage with relevant stakeholders and expert industry organizations and institutions; and
Internal dissemination of Environmental expertise
- Provide expertise and support on environmental-related matters when needed to amfori’s teams and departments.
- Delivering amfori’s environmental programmes with the expected level of quality and integrity.
- Increase internal and external awareness of our environmental services.
- Active stakeholder engagement to allows amfori to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in this area.
- Identifying issues that are of equal importance to all / most members
- Master’s degree in a science-related field with a focus on environmental studies;
- STEM (science/ technology/ engineering/ math) background is an asset;
- At least 5 years’ experience in environmental (and chemical) field;
- Extensive knowledge in Environmental Management Systems standards (ISO 14 000, 14064, 5001, …);
- Experience with working in sourcing regions (China, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, …);
- Industry experience is preferable;
- Auditing experience/skills is an asset;
- People manager and be able to lead a team;
- Experienced in continuous improvement programme;
- Proven project management skills and experience;
- Collaboration with service providers;
- Used and pleased to work within an international context; and
- Thorough working proficiency in English (any other language is an asset).
- Permanent contract
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, DKV hospital and dental insurance and contribution to public transportation for commute to work.
- Possible travel within Europe; and
- An exciting international environment located in the heart of Brussels.
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the candidate would work from home until at least 31 May 2021. After then, they would be expected to work from amfori’s main office in Brussels
How to apply
To apply send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com mentioning Environmental Programmes Lead’ in the subject line by 26 February.