A world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone.
We enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally.
Our vision is of a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this Trade with Purpose.
Build our organization to be future fit: We will continue to be strong, flexible and relevant, ensuring our members’ voices shape our strategic approach and all our activities. We will build our membership and our geographic presence to drive change at scale.
Support our members through insight, expertise and influence: We will increase our capacity to monitor and predict trends and developments that impact our members. We will continue to provide world-class tools that enable our members to anticipate trends and effectively manage their supply chains. We will create mutually beneficial partnerships that support our members on their issues.
Inspire action around the world: We will continue to show how individuals and corporations can promote open and responsible trade, acting as a beacon of good practice, pioneering meaningful trade policies and developing a network of ambassadors.
Grow high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow: We will continue to embed sustainability in our members’ organizational DNA; build capability and capacity, and develop best practice business models that enable organizations to achieve their goals.
Prosper by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals and increasing human prosperity for all: Through our combined membership, we will reach a tipping point where business behavior can positively change society, drive significant impact towards the SDGs and create a profitable business.
Culture & Values
Leadership: Be a leading force for positive change
Collaboration: Foster collaborative networks that empower stakeholders worldwide to achieve a common vision
Excellence: Deliver the best we can in everything we do
• Manage amfori’s environmental programme: Climate Change, Chemicals (today mainly applying to Textile), Wastes and other environmental indicators.
• Oversee related services.
• Ensure the growth of environmental services towards more industrial sectors covered, more members, more producers and a relevant services providers community.
• SPOC for any internal and external query related to the Environmental Programme, including the services proposed by the Environmental Programme but managed by a different Programme/Project lead.
• Identify environmental programme continuous improvement element and oversee its implementation.
• Manage the Environmental Programme Services Providers community.
• Upkeep and oversee the high-level quality of environmental services.
New services development:
• Provide Strategy & Innovation and Public Affairs departments with information/signals regarding environmental services threats or opportunities.
• Support S&I amfori department during the piloting phase of new tools and services.
Promotion of the Environmental Programme:
• Represent and promote internally and externally the Environmental Programme.
• Engage with relevant stakeholders and expert industry organizations and institutions.
Internal dissemination of Environmental expertise:
• Provide to other amfori’s teams and departments, expertise and support on environmental-related matters when needed.
• Delivering amfori’s environmental programmes with the expected level of quality and integrity.
• Increase internal and external awareness of our environmental services.
• Active stakeholder engagement to allows amfori to stay up-to-date with the latest developments in this area.
• Identifying issues that are of equal importance to all / most members.
• Feedback and expertise from internal & external stakeholders including members, producers, service providers, amfori staff members via interviews, webinars, phone meetings, audits, conferences, workshops, project groups, site visits…
• Personal readings and external networks for environmental sciences-related topics.
• Active member engagement.
• Relevant data from IT, Membership and Monitoring teams.
• Up to date guidance documents, tools and procedure, position paper related to Environmental programme, including:
- New audit, assessment and self-assessment questionnaires.
- New technical guidance regarding on-site activities (environmental consulting, chemicals audits, environmental assessments) and on-line self-assessment questionnaires.
- New workshops, eLearning courses, best-practices factsheets.
• Updated inventories of environmental programmes services providers companies, including new consulting, auditing, wastewaters testing, assessing companies and potential more (air pollution control, energy consumption reduction…).
• Strategy and related roadmap for the environmental programme, including all its components.
• Increased satisfaction on environmental programme usage.
• Identify and implement opportunities to further enhance amfori’s value proposition, including engagement with key stakeholders in relevant areas.
• Internal and external reporting describing the Environmental programme’s performances.
• Masters degree in a science-related field (environmental…)
• Stem (science/ technology/ engineering/ math) background is an asset
• At least 5 years’ experience in environmental (and chemical) field
• Extensive knowledge in Environmental Management Systems standards (ISO 14 000, 14064, 5001, …)
• Experience with working in sourcing regions (China, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, …)
• Industry experience is preferable
• Auditing experience/skills is an asset
• People manager and be able to lead a team
• Experienced in continuous improvement programme
• Proven project management skills and experience
• Collaboration with service providers
• Used and pleased to work within an international context
• Thorough working proficiency in English
• Any other language is an asset
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the reference Environmental Programmes Lead.