At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. We call this Trade with Purpose.
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools that enable them to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with high-level stakeholders to achieve common aims.
Our work enables organisations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges across the world which require a collaborative effort to tackle. So, while our members can’t solve them on their own, together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
About the role
As Event Expert at amfori you will be:
- Contribute to the definition & implementation of the global/local events strategy; including amfori’s internal and own events as well as external engagement opportunities, aiming at positioning amfori as thought leader
- Lead all global events from concept to creation (content, speakers, timelines, suppliers, contracts, legal, staffing, budget) with the support of the relevant experts and oversee all elements of their execution
- Help identify relevant engagement opportunities at international conferences and oversee amfori’s presence
- Support regional events as needed – in conjunction with the local Representatives of amfori in the respective regions
- Design and oversee the implementation of multichannel communication campaigns ensuring aligned messaging, brand consistency and outreach measures for all amfori events and external engagements, with the support of the MarCom team
- Help define & monitor budgets, KPI’s and report on ROI
- Be the MarCom SPOC for internal projects
- Enhance amfori’s visibility and reputation to effectively deliver the vision of “Trade with Purspose” through our events
- Have the vision to help shape a meaningful event strategy and the rigor to implement all communication and operational-related tasks
- Foster relations with relevant organisations
- Be at forefront of (events) trends and monitor competition
- Degree level in marketing, communications, or equivalent
- At least three to five years of successful experience in event management
- Proven success in organising digital and hybrid events
- Experience in developing interactive digital campaigns and tools (Newsweaver or alike)
- Experience in broadcasting tools (Zoom, Teams and others) and digital event platform (Swapcard or alike)
- Ability to report on standard KPIs and ROI
- Highly organised and rigorous while working under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Excellent communications skills
- Balance between creative and analytical thinking
- Team player
- Fluent in English. Other languages are an asset
- Permanent contract
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, group insurance, DKV hospital and dental insurance and contribution to public transportation for commute to work.
- Possible travel within Europe; and
- An exciting international environment located in the heart of Brussels.
The candidate is expected to work from amfori’s main office in Brussels.
How to apply
To apply send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Event Expert' in the subject line.