For several months, FTA has been working on a new long term strategy to ensure our organisation is fit to answer the current and future needs of its members.
On 13 April the Board of Directors approved a new bold and ambitious strategic Vision 2030 to take our organisation forward with a new vision, a strong mission and a clear set of priorities.
The time is now. A time for change
We have 40 years of experience to be proud of. In collaboration with our members we have championed the role that trade plays in creating economic growth, innovation, investment and jobs, and in lifting millions of people out of poverty. Together we have evolved and embraced a new understanding of the relationship between trade and sustainability, and made the case that open and responsible trade can be an engine of environmental and social progress.
Along with this strategy, a new identity has been developed to clearly communicate who we are and what we stand for. amfori, our new brand symbolises that trade is timeless and reflects our belief that it is an instrument of human progress. Discover our new brand and its story in the kit below!
Effective governance is a key component of the delivery of Vision 2030. Therefore we proposed a renewed governance to provide more simplicity, flexibility and transparency to the decision-making process. They were included among the renewed by-laws submitted to a member vote during the General Assembly at the FTA Conference 2017 whose positive vote supports the implementation of the new strategy as from January 2018.
Find out more! Click on the resources to download!
As from the second half of 2017, we will develop material specifically for producers, service providers and stakeholders. The new strategic cycle of Vision 2030 will be implemented as from January 2018.
- Strategic FTA Vision 2030 Approved: Ready for the Challenges of Tomorrow! 14/04/2017
- Vision 2030: Ready for Final Approval! 10/04/2017
- Vision 2030 Strategy: Board Approved! 29/03/2017
- FTA Vision Moves Forward on Governance and Branding 28/02/2017
- Update on FTA Vision 2030: Towards a New Identity for the Association 1/02/2017
- Vision 2030 moves forward in 2017 22/12/2016
- FTA Vision 2030: FTA Board Approves Scope and Timeline 8/11/2016
- FTA Vision 2030 Survey - Results are in 03/11/2016
- FTA Vision 2030 Taskforce Established 04/10/2016
- FTA Survey Vision 2030 Still Ongoing 21/09/2016
- New Board of Directors: FTA President Talks About His Vision for the Future of the Association 09/06/2016