Vision/Mission & Activities
At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this ‘Trade with Purpose’.
As the leading business association for open & sustainable trade, we bring together over 2500 retailers, importers, brands & national associations from over 40 countries. Headquartered in Brussels – with a regional office in Hong Kong - we have a strong network of representatives around the world. We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools to manage teh social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaboration with high-level stakholders to achieve social, environmental & economic progress.
- Contribute to the formulation of the amfori events strategy with a deep understanding of the opportunities and impact generated through amfori events and participation to external representation
- Implement the global events strategy; consisting of amfori events and external engagement opportunities, with the aim of positioning amfori as the leading voice on open and sustainable trade
- Lead all international events from concept to creation (content, stories, speakers, timelines, suppliers, contracts, legal, staffing, budget) and oversee all elements of their professional execution
- Identify relevant engagement opportunities at international conferences and oversee their effective delivery with the aim of raising amfori’s visibility and delivering key messages to a global audience
- Design and oversee the implementation of multichannel communication campaigns ensuring aligned messaging, brand consistency and outreach measures related to all amfori events and external engagements
- Provide communications support to the network representatives to deliver local events and manage the external representation of amfori at conferences around the world
- Manage all internal/external stakeholders - speakers, organisers, marketing & communication collegues, agencies, etc... - who are/should be involved with the organisation of the events, help define & monitor the respective budgets, event KPIs, etc...
- Help with internal events where needed – as part of the Employee Engagement program & communications, work in close collaboration with the Communications Manager
- Support regional events as needed – in conjunction with the local Representatives of amfori in the respective regions.
- Develop & implement webinars in collaboration with Training & Member Services as needed – create a calendar of Webinars in support of our Communications & Thought Leadership strategy.
- The Events Manager will report to the Global Marketing & Communications Director
- Through events, the Global Events Manager will ensure amfori’s high visibility and reputation to effectively deliver the vision of ‘Trade with Purpose’
- From a strategic to an execution level, have the vision to set a meaningful strategy and the rigor to implement all communication and logistics-related tasks
- Foster relations with relevant organisations and stakeholders with the aim of increasing amfori’s visibility and building its reputation
- Facilitate an effective results-oriented approach to ensure high quality and value-added projects are delivered
- Degree in communication, public relations or equivalent specialization – with a focus and experience in managing events & conferences.
- 5 - 10 years’ specific experience working in events – from strategy up to execution
- Native English speaker or equivalent - excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a clear, concise way
- Creative thinker with the ability to propose unique approaches to events and help develop multichannel internal and external communication campaigns (with colleagues of marketing & communications) to attract potential participants to the amfori events
- Ability to foster and build relations with external organizations, including partners, influencers and other relevant stakeholders in the field of open and sustainable trade
- Analytical, with the ability to identify event/communications KPIs, interpret information, news and data– and to adjust the events’ approach and inform the communication strategy
- Budget management experience & ability to influence senior management
What we offer
You’ll be joining a very dynamic international association with people passionate about optimizing the services & support to members.
A remuneration in line with your experience.
A competitive & comprehensive package of legal & extra legal benefits.
An open culture in which we encourage responsible behavior and collaboration.
If you’inspired by this role, have the required experience to tackle the mentioned responsibilities and challenges within our organization, please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you and keep you informed about the recruitment process.