A world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone
We enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally
Our vision is of a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this Trade with Purpose.
- Build our organization to be future fit
We will continue to be strong, flexible and relevant, ensuring our members’ voices shape our strategic approach and all our activities. We will build our membership and our geographic presence to drive change at scale
- Support our members through insight, expertise and influence
We will increase our capacity to monitor and predict trends and developments that impact our members. We will continue to provide world-class tools that enable our members to anticipate trends and effectively manage their supply chains. We will create mutually beneficial partnerships that support our members on their issues.
- Inspire action around the world
We will continue to show how individuals and corporations can promote open and responsible trade, acting as a beacon of good practice, pioneering meaningful trade policies and developing a network of ambassadors.
- Grow high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow
We will continue to embed sustainability in our members’ organizational DNA; build capability and capacity, and develop best practice business models that enable organizations to achieve their goals.
- Prosper by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals and increasing human prosperity for all
Through our combined membership we will reach a tipping point where business behavior can positively change society, drive significant impact towards the SDGs and create profitable business.
Culture & Values
- Leadership: Be a leading force for positive change
- Collaboration: Foster collaborative networks that empower stakeholders worldwide to achieve a common vision
Excellence: Deliver the best we can in everything we do
- Creates a platform to directly engage amfori members and stakeholders on the implementation of the vision through the execution of its by-laws
- Acts as the reference point for all questions regarding the internal governance of the organisation;
- Coordinates, prepares and follows-up the General Assembly of members;
- Contributes to the establishment and implement the governance bodies planning and implementation;
- Contributes to the oversight of amfori governance bodies on policy and implementation strategies: amfori Membership Advisory Council (amfori MAC)/ amfori Stakeholder Advisory Council (amfori SAC) / Project Groups and Network connects;
- Coordinates “amfori listens’, our internal tool to listen to the needs and feedback of members and stakeholders;
- Manages the governance budget and report to the Public Affairs function.
- The Governance Advisor needs to ensure a participatory and transparent governance of the organization that enables members and stakeholders to contribute to the strategy and operational development of the organization to transform trade and global supply chains towards trade with Purpose;
- The Governance Advisor will be responsible to ensure the implementation of the amfori By-laws and internal rules, their assessment and updates when needed;
- The Governance Advisor is responsible for the dissemination of the governance related information on progresses within the Secretariat, other governance bodies as well as the entire membership.
The Governance Advisor reports directly to the Vice President Public Affairs.
- Master Degree in Political Science, Law, Public affairs or equivalent area;
- + 3 years’ experience in public affairs with relevant governance management and execution experience;
- Proven experience of successful governance management aspects of an association;
- Broad grasp of trade and sustainability issues in general
- Diplomacy, tact and understanding of others’ priorities to achieve common goals
- Good analysis, problem solving and project management skills
- Proven multi-tasking skills
- Fit in a multi-cultural team
- Fluent in English and the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing.