Please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
The Government Affairs advisor role sits within the Government Affairs team, which is part of amfori’s Public Affairs function. In this role, the new colleague will directly report to the Government Affairs Manager.
- Increase the engagement of members on issues of trade and sustainable development to ensure that amfori policy positions are representative and have buy-in.
- Develop and maintain partnerships and platforms of dialogues with key stakeholders and policymakers which will bring the highest exposure for amfori.
- Build a reputation for amfori as a center of intelligence on sustainable trade.
- Monitor EU trade policy and WTO developments and stay ahead of future policy initiatives for the benefits of amfori’s members
- Develop amfori’s positions and other materials (articles, statements, speeches, e-content, etc.) on sustainable trade.
- Coordinate and follow up with the Communication team on trade and sustainable advocacy campaigns and activities
- Reply to members’ ad hoc requests and provide advice/ guidance on developments in EU on open and sustainable trade.
- Build and maintain networks with stakeholders from government, international institutions, business associations, and other stakeholders dealing with open and sustainable trade.
- Coordinate trade and sustainable advocacy events (roundtables, meetings)
Global reach for GAP strategy:
- Liaise with amfori’s global network (EMEA, APAC, Latin America, US &Canada) to adapt advocacy messages to local audiences and receive local updates to share at a global level.
- Monitor the consistency of Network representatives statements and positions with our advocacy principles
- When needed, support the implementation of Network Reps advocacy strategy on sustainable trade topics
- Degree in economics, law, international trade or political sciences
- At least 4 years' experience in a similar position and proven track record of drafting memo, speeches and position papers.
- Expertise in trade agreements and a keen interest in sustainability issues
- Knowledge of trade and social challenges in Asia Pacific is an asset
- Native English speaker or equivalent, with excellent communication and drafting skills, able to synthesize and translate complex issues topics into sound political messages
- Other languages are an asset.
- Flexibility and ability to shift priorities to accommodate urgent deadlines
- Team player with a strong work ethic and a can-do attitude
- Excellent networking skills