As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,400 retailers, importers, brands and associations from more than 40 countries. Our membership contains organisations of all sizes and all sectors with a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
Our mission is to enable each of our members to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges and we need to work collaboratively to tackle them. Together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
amfori is headquartered in Brussels with a strong network of representatives based across 14 countries. We offer members a practical framework and world-class tools to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate future trends. We advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with national, European and international partners to achieve social, environmental and economic progress.
Committed to, “Growing high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow”, we currently have the following exciting opportunity:
Intern – Partnerships, Advocacy and Stakeholder Engagement
(January 2020 – May 2020 – 3 to 4 days a week - negotiable)
Support the stakeholder team in:
• Mapping, updating list of stakeholders at global and local level
• Helping build partnerships and alliances to advance the cause of open and sustainable trade;
• Monitoring emerging social, environmental and trade issues and related trends at non-governmental level;
• Support the organisation of meetings with amfori Stakeholder Advisory Council (SAC).
Report to: Senior Manager, Stakeholder Engagement
- Support in maintenance of stakeholder database;
- Support in filing of MoUs and other formal agreements on partnerships/collaboration;
- Support to maintaining an events calendar and task sheet;
- Monitoring media and websites for trends, news and key developments regarding trade and sustainability relating to amfori’s mission and goals;
- Attend meetings and draft minutes;
- Support the stakeholder team in other tasks as requested.
• At the time of application be enrolled in a graduate school programme;
• Some knowledge of international organizations particularly the UN institutions and prominent civil society organizations in the fields of sustainability, human rights and development
• Fluent in English;
• Good communication skills: speaking and writing;
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
• Reactive and eager to learn;
• Diplomatic, cordial, articulate and assertive;
• Excellent knowledge of Windows, notably Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
• Strong ability to multi-task;
• Ability to fit well into a multi-cultural team.
• University degree in social sciences, sustainability, or related field;
• Knowledge French and/or additional languages is an asset;
• Understanding of international trade and its impact on the environment and people;
• Experience working with a business association, international organization or civil society organization;
• Global exposure;
• Inquisitive thinker.
What we offer:
• An international environment with interesting and challenging fields of activities.
• A possibility to grow, learn and gain experience.
• An opportunity to engage with key actors in the field of sustainable development.
• Coverage of expenses: transport and meals; and other benefits.
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Selected candidates will be invited for an interview.