At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. We call this Trade with Purpose.
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools that enable them to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with high-level stakeholders to achieve common aims.
Our work enables organisations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges across the world which require a collaborative effort to tackle. So, while our members can’t solve them on their own, together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
About the role
- Provide input for the formulation of the Technology strategy with an understanding of the industry and the implications of emerging technologies for the wider business environment.
- Lead a demand- and process-improvement driven Application development.
- Champion a Design & Platform thinking approach to Application development.
- Ensure a performant, reliable, efficient and integrated Application Architecture.
- Develop secure Applications that are compliant with Data and Privacy legislation.
- Develop and implement a trustworthy data pool, as input for internal and external data analysis.
- Advance the knowledge and use of Technology within the organization.
- Manage the provision of Technology consultancy services and/or management of a team of consultants to deliver the Applications and Technology strategy implementation.
- Ensure optimal Applications performance management and improvement
- Partner with other amfori functions to ensure optimal Applications project management
- Manage and lead projects
Challenges are :
- The IT Project Leader delivers a performant, reliable, efficient and customer-centric Applications platform contributing to the organizations strategy.
- The IT Project Leader must promote and implement Design and Platform Thinking.
- The IT Project Leader must deliver an impeccable data security to hold the trust of the organization, its members, stakeholders and other customers.
- Master degree ICT or electronic engineering or equivalent
- Strong problem solving
- High conceptual thinking
- Strong planning
- Structured thinking and methodological approach
- Highly analytical
- Results driven
- High situational adaptability
- High people adaptability
- High assertiveness
- ICT architecture
- Database structures and integration tools (SQL & No-SQL, ETL, flat files, XML, SOAP, …)
- Data protection tools, GDPR
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Application development trending
- Deep learning, machine learning, artificial intelligence
- Excellent project management
- Commercial focus
- Continuous education and drive
- To deliver a performant, reliable, efficient and customer-centric Applications platform contributing to the organization’s strategy.
- Permanent contract
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, group insurance, DKV hospital and dental insurance and contribution to public transportation for commute to work.
- Possible travel within Europe; and
- An exciting international environment located in the heart of Brussels.
To work from amfori’s main office in Brussels.
How to apply
To apply send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com mentioning ‘IT Project Manager’ in the subject line.