A world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone
We enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally
Our vision is of a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this Trade with Purpose.
- Build our organization to be future fit
We will continue to be strong, flexible and relevant, ensuring our members’ voices shape our strategic approach and all our activities. We will build our membership and our geographic presence to drive change at scale.
- Support our members through insight, expertise, and influence
We will increase our capacity to monitor and predict trends and developments that impact our members. We will continue to provide world-class tools that enable our members to anticipate trends and effectively manage their supply chains. We will create mutually beneficial partnerships that support our members on their issues.
- Inspire action around the world
We will continue to show how individuals and corporations can promote open and responsible trade, acting as a beacon of good practice, pioneering meaningful trade policies and developing a network of ambassadors.
- Grow high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow
We will continue to embed sustainability in our members’ organizational DNA; build capability and capacity and develop best practice business models that enable organizations to achieve their goals.
- Prosper by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals and increasing human prosperity for all
Through our combined membership we will reach a tipping point where business behaviour can positively change society, drive significant impact towards the SDGs and create a profitable business.
Culture & Values
- Leadership: Be a leading force for positive change
- Collaboration: Foster collaborative networks that empower stakeholders worldwide to achieve a common vision
- Excellence: Deliver the best we can in everything we do
- Drive the (development &) implementation of amfori Marketing, Communication & Event strategy in line with the Corporate Objectives of amfori.
- Lead the Marketing & Communication team within the Public Affairs function - focusing on marketing, communications & events projects - to lead and support global & local initiatives to help (in conjunction with the other functions)
- Develop the organization of the future;
- Increase the satisfaction/experiences of existing members/stakeholders & attract new;
- Implement/introduce technology/automation platforms to increase efficiency/enhance stakeholder value;
- Inspire Members & Stakeholders with innovative initiatives to encourage open & sustainable trade;
- Increase overall visibility for & reputation of amfori at the global & local level.
- Coach & inspire/develop the Communication Manager (& team), the Marketing Lead (& team) and the Events lead to grow into their respective roles
- Ensure deliverables are on time, and KPI’s are monitored, finetuning execution where required
- Manage the capacity/resources (budget & team) of the Global Marketing/Communication Team to deliver – lead & support – the various Marketing/Communication/Events projects at global & local level in the most efficient way, and as successful as possible!
- Lead the Audience-centric Communications Strategy & it’s basic Foundations – giving overview and direction to the Marketing, Communication & Events Lead & respective team members
- Optimize the amfori communication channels – website, social media, newsletters, events & other TBD
- Map-out the various amfori Audiences – journey & touchpoints, improve communications per audience segment, monitoring respective experiences & satisfaction, driving improvements with the respective functions as needed; Automate & optimize communication/data flows where possible!
- Drive the development/set-up of a central contact/communication database to allow improved/targeted/more relevant communications
- Drive transformation & change of the MarCom/Events Team in support of the other functions as/when needed to achieve amfori’s corporate objectives per industry standards.
- Lead the development of an integrated Content Management System (CMS) – as part of Content Coordination & Development – including the development of thought leadership to illustrate amfori’s expertise & value. Give overview and direction to the Communications manager / Content Coordinator/Copywriter
- Ensure a strong marketing intelligence infrastructure (audience feedback platform) is set-up to monitor experiences of amfori audiences (when in contact with amfori) and drive a more relevant audience-centric marketing/communication approach.
- Knowledge transfer, developing skills of/inspiring Communications Manager, the Marketing Lead & the Events Lead.
- Foster collaboration within the team, within Public Affairs, across amfori and with the entire network
- Optimize Internal/Staff Communications (employee experience & engagement) in conjunction with HR – throughout their journey with amfori, from recruitment to exit – create an ‘employer brand’ for amfori as employer.
- Build and maintain the reputation of amfori as a thought leader and enabler of open and sustainable trade
- Increase the visibility and reputation of amfori through a pro-active marketing & communication approach
- Help the marcom team to work more towards a planned & proactive approach
- Build a performant marketing technology infrastructure from scratch
- Improve member satisfaction through improved more relevant communications
- Inspire, develop & engage a young team to become lead global marketing/communications professionals
- Experienced Team Lead in Marketing, Communications & Events – from Strategy to Implementation
- Change Agent – help amfori improve/optimize its marketing/communications & events at global & local level
- Having initiated/led strategic projects in marketing/communications & events – able to coach/follow-up/provide input from strategy up to implementation level
- A true coach – helping younger/less experienced team members to deliver & grow in their function/role & responsibilities
- A strategic advisory role for the Executive Management Team – from a marketing/communications & events organization perspective – with focus on audience experience optimization & brand development
- If possible/ideally – passionate about & understanding of “Sustainable Trade/Supply Chain” (Communications)
- 10/15 years of experience working (similar role) in Marketing/Communication/Events (as generalist – Head of/Sr Manager Integrated Marketing, Communications and Events) in an international/global environment
- Experience as people coach – small team & direct reports – is key!
- Focus on optimizing processes where/when needed
- Stress resistant - multitasking