Our vision is of a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this Trade with Purpose.
We enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally
- Develop & drive the amfori Media & Thought Leadership strategy
- Media outreach: responsible for building proprietary long-term relationships with strategically selected media outlets and key influencers, creating opportunities for interviews and expert opinions
- Media SPOC: act as the main contact person, directing queries to the relevant executive or expert.
- Newsroom management: pro-actively develop the amfori digital Newsroom as a destination platform for all journalists interested in sustainability
- Day-to-day management of amfori’s international media relations. Liasing with relevant parties to ensure timely content creation and updates which reflect internal developments and resonate with our audiences
- Liaise with amfori’s international network to coordinate media strategies at the local level and maximise media coverage.
- Create and curate valued content & A/V materials
- Contribute to raising issues,
- Write press releases, in close collaboration with the subject experts
- Ensures dissemination of press releases to relevant media outlets & follow-up on publication
- Set-up daily media monitoring, including online & offline sources
- Ensure dissemination of relevant media clippings to internal and external stakeholders
- Liaise with colleagues from the communication team to ensure optimal POE amplification
- closely measure amfori’s reputation in the media
- organises press events, offline & online
- Analysis of media relations performance. Constant suggestions for improvements. Reporting on concrete KPIs.
- Strong collaboration with the marketing communication colleagues to ensure amfori’s media presence is accurate, attractive and consistent
- Align the media calendar with the editorial calendar to ensure optimal reinforcement & consistency
- Ensure presence of relevant journalist at amfori events coverage
- Build up and keep up-to-date a media database, including international media contacts, covering mainstream and specialised outlets.
- Organise press briefings, media conferences, press field trips and interviews when necessary.
- Take an active role in safeguarding the association’s reputation. Identify potential risks and threats to the organisation and support in handling media during crisis or unexpected negative PR incidents, ensuring potentially damaging situations are dealt with quickly, efficiently and with the necessary sensitivity.
- Build and maintain the reputation of amfori as a thought leader and enabler of open and sustainable trade
- Increase the visibility and reputation of amfori in the media
Accurately reflect diverse topics related to “Trade with Purpose” in a simple, engaging and inspiring way online
Be vigilant for potential media crisis
Contribute to crisis management, leading the media relations and queries
- Degree level in media & communications or equivalent
- At least three years of successful experience working with media, journalists, influencers
- Experience with managing digital newsrooms and digital news channels (social media, whatsapp, blogs, vlogs, websites or others)
- Proven successful development of issue campaigns
- Proven understanding of what constitutes a good story and what is news worthy in the new fragmented media reality
- At ease with written as well as audio visual news reporting
- Ability to report on standard media KPIs
- Experience with google analytics & google alerts is an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and on tight deadlines
- Excellent communications skills
- Balance between creative and analytical thinking
- Team player
- English Native speaker. Other languages are an asset