Contract Type: Permanent
Apply before: 31st August Apply how: Send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
amfori is the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, bringing together over 2,000 retailers, importers, brands and associations from more than 40 countries.
A world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone
We enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally
Our vision is of a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this Trade with Purpose.
We intend to achieve this through five overarching objectives:
1. Build our organization to be future fit
2. Support our members through insight, expertise and influence
3. Inspire action around the world
4. Grow high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow
5. Prosper by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals and increasing human prosperity for all
About the role
The newly created Strategy and Innovation function is looking to reinforce its Program Development team. The Project Development Expert will report directly to the Senior Manager Program Development.
- Manages, contributes to and supports the development of new projects, programs, policies and processes in line with amfori’s strategy and value proposition
- Interprets data collected and research conducted into cost-effective, implementable projects, programs, policies and processes
- Prepares projects and programs for Proof of Concept
- Integrates management system principles in her/his work deliverables
- Ensures alignment with United Nations Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights and the OECD Guidelines in her/his work deliverables
- Builds relationships and collaborates with internal topical experts
- Builds relationships and engages with relevant stakeholders, academia, think tank, expert industry organizations and institutions
- Monitors trends on the evolutions of “Trade with Purpose” approaches and programs
- Monitors and supports relevant funding opportunities
- Complies with organisation’s project management requirements in terms of planning, budgeting and progress reporting
- Master’s Degree
- 8+ years’ experience in Social Sustainability in global Value Chains
- Cross-sectoral experience
- Experience working with external experts/consultants/service providers
- Thorough understanding of voluntary sustainability schemes and standards, certification and sustainable development programs
- Proven project management skills and experience, Prince2 certificate an asset
- Global exposure
- Thorough working proficiency in English, any other language is an asset
Are you seasoned in managing projects, and you do not shy away from complex challenges? Are you a problem solver who prefers to achieve results through collaboration? Apply now, and join an exciting team where innovation is soupe du jour, every day.