Our vision is of a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this Trade with Purpose.
We enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally
- Build our organization to be future fit
We will continue to be strong, flexible and relevant, ensuring our members’ voices shape our strategic approach and all our activities. We will build our membership and our geographic presence to drive change at scale.
- Support our members through insight, expertise and influence
We will increase our capacity to monitor and predict trends and developments that impact our members. We will continue to provide world-class tools that enable our members to anticipate trends and effectively manage their supply chains. We will create mutually beneficial partnerships that support our members on their issues.
- Inspire action around the world
We will continue to show how individuals and corporations can promote open and responsible trade, acting as a beacon of good practice, pioneering meaningful trade policies and developing a network of ambassadors.
- Grow high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow
We will continue to embed sustainability in our members’ organizational DNA; build capability and capacity and develop best practice business models that enable organizations to achieve their goals.
- Prosper by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals and increasing human prosperity for all
Through our combined membership we will reach a tipping point where business behaviour can positively change society, drive significant impact towards the SDGs and create profitable business.
Culture & Values
- Leadership: Be a leading force for positive change
- Collaboration: Foster collaborative networks that empower stakeholders worldwide to achieve a common vision
- Excellence: Deliver the best we can in everything we do
- Contribute and implement amfori’s advocacy approach in the field of social and environmental sustainability and supply chain policies with the aim to increase amfori’s influence and capacity to advocate the cause of open and sustainable trade,
- Monitor and assess social and environmental policy debates and legislative and regulatory developments at the national, regional and international level that could directly or indirectly affect the mission of amfori and its members,
- Initiate and maintain constructive relations with governmental stakeholders at the European; regional and national levels in close partnership with our local Network Representatives,
- Develop and publicly disseminate and represent amfori’s positions towards governmental stakeholders,
- Manage the association’s related project groups, including membership recruitment, meeting preparation and guidance,
- Partner and build strong relationships across the Policy and Governmental affairs department as well as within the Public Affairs division and other departments to contribute to a strong aligned advocacy strategy of amfori.
- The social and environmental advisor needs to ensure impactful positions that advance the cause of “Trade with Purpose”,
- The social and environmental advisor needs to ensure participation of the relevant stakeholders in the position making,
- The social and environmental advisor must foster dialogue, collaboration and act as a revolving door (communicate the views of the stakeholders internally and amfori externally)
- Degree level in European affairs, political sciences, legal studies or an equivalent relevant area
- Minimum 5 years expertise in EU affairs and policy-making processes
- Proven success in building strong and impactful relations with a wide range of stakeholders
- Excellent knowledge of sustainability (social and environment policies)
- Knowledge of business and supply chains is an asset
- Excellent proficiency of English; other languages are a plus
- Excellent writing, presentation and analytical skills
Please send your cv to email@example.com