Contract type: Maternity Cover (6 months)
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be part of our multi-national Government Affairs team and report directly to the Policy and Government Affairs Manager.
• Increase the engagement of members on social issues to ensure that amfori policy positions are representative of our members.
• Coordinate with colleagues from within Public Affairs and other functions to ensure consistency of messaging / positions.
• Develop and maintain partnerships with key external stakeholders and policymakers.
• Build a reputation for amfori as a centre of intelligence on social issues.
• Monitor EU and Member State policy / regulatory initiatives pertaining to social issues (human and labour rights, supply chain due diligence, non-financial reporting) which might be of relevance to amfori’s members.
• Develop amfori’s positions and draft articles, statements, speeches, e-content, etc. on social issues.
• Build and maintain networks with stakeholders from government, international institutions, business associations and others to advance the position of amfori on social issues.
• Liaise with amfori’s EMEA network to ensure coordination of advocacy messaging and to seek regular exchange of info on latest developments.
• Coordinate the activities of the Sustainability Policy Project Group.
• Degree in law, international relations or political sciences
• At least 5 years' experience in a similar position and proven track record of drafting positions papers, articles and speeches
• Good understanding of EU institutions, their functioning and decision-making processes
• Native English speaker or equivalent, with excellent communication and drafting skills, able to synthesize and translate complex issues topics into sound political messages
• Other languages are an asset
• Flexibility and ability to shift priorities to accommodate urgent deadlines
• Team player with a strong work ethic, spirit of initiative and a can-do attitude
• Excellent networking skills
This position is based in Brussels. This position is Maternity cover from mid-February to mid- September.