At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. We call this Trade with Purpose.
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools that enable them to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with high-level stakeholders to achieve common aims.
Our work enables organisations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges across the world which require a collaborative effort to tackle. So, while our members can’t solve them on their own, together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
About the role
As Social Programmes Expert at amfori you will be:
- Support amfori Social Programmes Lead and assist related services
- Monitor the timelines and main checkpoints for amfori BSCI system revision in collaboration with Social Programmes Lead (2022-2023)
- Maintain amfori BSCI policy, processes, and procedures up-to-date, accurate and relevant
- Support the preparation of training material on the amfori BSCI System for internal and external audiences
- Support in technical queries on system and law interpretation and coordinate technical meetings, e.g. Calibration Meetings
- Support in coordination, conduct, and delivery of Task Forces Support in investigations of-site and on-site
- Manage, maintain and update existing tools and offers when necessary and needed (e.g. audit questionnaires, System Manual)
- Identify continuous improvement elements for social programmes, and support their implementation
- Support Social Programmes Lead in maintaining and calibrating the technical understanding of relevant stakeholders via meetings/workshops/trainings
- Coordinate the integration of all new offers that are developed and piloted at the Strategy and Innovation level into the Social Programmes
- Identify needs for tools & offers relevant to Social Programmes, draft frame for development
- Support amfori teams with amfori BSCI related enquires
- University degree in social sciences, sustainability, or related field
- At least 5 years of CSR/social auditing/social assessment experience
- Knowledge and field expertise of technical implementation of social auditing and Human Rights Due Diligence
- Social auditor background is a great asset
- Proven knowledge and understanding of social sustainability issues, specialization in topics or regions is an asset
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office, agile and interested in learning new technology
- Global exposure
- Enthusiastic about social development of supply chain and due diligence processes
- Ability to discuss technical subject matter with authority and credibility
- Inquisitive thinker, strong problem-solving capability
- Strong common sense, ability to think beyond checklists and procedures
- Excellent working proficiency in English, knowledge of any other language is an asset
- Can work in a multi-cultural environment
- Permanent Contract
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, group insurance, DKV hospital and dental insurance and contribution to public transportation for commute to work
- Possible to travel
- An exciting international environment located in Brussels
Expected to work from amfori’s main office in Brussels.
How to apply
To apply send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Social Programmes Expert’ in the subject line.