At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. We call this Trade with Purpose.
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools that enable them to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with high-level stakeholders to achieve common aims.
Our work enables organisations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges across the world which require a collaborative effort to tackle. So, while our members can’t solve them on their own, together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
About the role
As Social Sustainability Programmes Manager you will be the Social Sustainability practice leader at amfori.
• Maintain up-to-date information on global trends, be the go-to source for social sustainability leadership
• Represent amfori in relevant events
• Define opportunities for relevant services and partnerships
• Lead amfori Social Auditing and Quality Programmes
• Support amfori Integrity Programmes
• Adjust and update existing tools and offers when necessary and needed (e.g. audit questionnaires, System Manual)
• Define needs for tools & offers, draft frame for development
• Conduct technical meetings/workshops/trainings globally
• Get on-site context and feedback
• Support amfori with relevant expertise and feedback
• Defining and prioritizing global trends to address and integrate into tools and offers
• Collaboration with other roles and functions
• Aligning with expertise within and outside the organization
• Prioritizing and managing partnerships that are framed with MoUs and other written understandings
• Resources and support from amfori (e.g. training, budget and scope for travel, paid subscriptions)
• At least 5 years’ experience in Social Sustainability field
• People manager and be able to lead a team of 2-10 people
• Understanding of audit quality and integrity processes, and experience completing various investigations (or a natural inquisitiveness that leads to demonstrable problem resolution) in Social Sustainability
• Experience with working in sourcing regions (China, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, …) and/or high risk countries
• Industry experience is preferable
• Able to prioritize and work under short deadlines
• Customer and quality oriented
• Great intercultural communicator, understands and respects cultural sensitivities
• Able to work with a wide range of stakeholders (members, services providers, experts, …)
• Experienced in continuous improvement program
• Project management skills and experience
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
• Able to travel within primarily Europe and Asia
• Bachelors degree
Nice to have
• Master degree in social science related field
• Auditing experience/skills is an asset
- Permanent Contract
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, group insurance, DKV hospital and dental insurance and contribution to public transportation for commute to work
- An exciting international environment located in Brussels
Work location will be from amfori’s main office in Brussels.
How to apply
To apply send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning ‘Social Sustainability Programmes Manager” in the subject line.