Our vision is of a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. A world where organizations are able to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. We call this Trade with Purpose.
We enable organizations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally
- Build our organization to be future fit
We will continue to be strong, flexible and relevant, ensuring our members’ voices shape our strategic approach and all our activities. We will build our membership and our geographic presence to drive change at scale.
- Support our members through insight, expertise and influence
We will increase our capacity to monitor and predict trends and developments that impact our members. We will continue to provide world-class tools that enable our members to anticipate trends and effectively manage their supply chains. We will create mutually beneficial partnerships that support our members on their issues.
- Inspire action around the world
We will continue to show how individuals and corporations can promote open and responsible trade, acting as a beacon of good practice, pioneering meaningful trade policies and developing a network of ambassadors.
- Grow high-performing people to become the leaders of a sustainable tomorrow
We will continue to embed sustainability in our members’ organizational DNA; build capability and capacity and develop best practice business models that enable organizations to achieve their goals.
- Prosper by contributing to the Sustainable Development Goals and increasing human prosperity for all
Through our combined membership we will reach a tipping point where business behaviour can positively change society, drive significant impact towards the SDGs and create profitable business.
Culture & Values
- Leadership: Be a leading force for positive change
- Collaboration: Foster collaborative networks that empower stakeholders worldwide to achieve a common vision
- Excellence: Deliver the best we can in everything we do
- Contribute and implement a strategic and structured stakeholders’ engagement approach in line with the overall public affairs strategy of amfori,
- Build partnerships and alliances to advance the cause of open and sustainable trade,
- Initiate and maintain constructive relations with non-governmental stakeholders such as international organisations, business organisations and federations, trade unions and civil society at the national, regional and international level,
- Monitor emerging social, environmental and trade issues and related trends at non-governmental level, communicate the potential impact of them on amfori and assess the risks and opportunities for taking relevant actions and positions,
- Manage the amfori Stakeholder Advisory Council (SAC),
- Partner and work closely across the Public Affairs function and other functional teams to generate a high level of collaboration and bring the highest level of awareness on social, environmental and trade issues on civil society,
- Lead the Stakeholder Engagement department and guide team members and local Representatives of amfori to contribute to the successful delivery of amfori’s mission in the field of non-governmental stakeholder engagement,
- With other Public Affairs Managers support the VP Public Affairs in designing, developing and delivering a first-class public affairs strategy to support the implementation of the vision 2030.
- The Stakeholder Engagement Manager needs to ensure amfori is a trusted platform of dialogue and actions on open and sustainable trade to non-governmental stakeholders,
- The Stakeholder Engagement Manager ensures impactful partnerships and positions on open and sustainable trade with a broad variety of non-governmental stakeholders,
- The Stakeholder Engagement Manager must foster dialogue, collaboration and act as a revolving door (communicate the views of the stakeholders internally and amfori externally).
- Degree level in Public relations/ affairs, Communication studies or equivalent area
- 5-10 years’experience in stakeholder relations, relevant execution of stakeholders’ strategy and participatory/partnership approaches
- Proven experience and success in delivering impactful stakeholder engagement programmes through cross-functional approaches
- Broad grasp of sustainability issues in general
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the work of the key stakeholders in the field of trade/ global supply chains and/or sustainability
- Evidence of building strong trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders
- Diplomacy, tact and understanding of others’ priorities to achieve common goals
- Excellent communication, influencing, persuasion and engagement skills
- Good analysis, problem solving and project management skills
- People management experience (multi-cultural team)
- Fluent in English and the ability to present ideas in a clear and concise way, both verbally and in writing
- Asian languages as asset