At amfori we believe in a world where all trade delivers social, environmental and economic benefits for everyone. We call this Trade with Purpose.
As the leading global business association for open and sustainable trade, we bring together over 2,300 retailers, importers, brands and national associations representing a combined turnover of more than one trillion euros.
We offer our members a practical framework and world-class tools that enable them to manage the social and environmental performance of their supply chains and anticipate trends. We also advocate for progressive policy and collaborate with high-level stakeholders to achieve common aims.
Our work enables organisations to enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally. These are major challenges across the world which require a collaborative effort to tackle. So, while our members can’t solve them on their own, together we can influence and drive positive change at scale.
About the role
As Sustainability Monitoring Expert at amfori you will be:
- Create and disseminate topic, sector and region-specific auditing guidance (i.e. SIFL, recruitment fees etc.)
- Provide input to the development of training for auditors, members and producers
- Deliver technical audit task forces to ensure amfori services remain fit for purpose
- Act as a single point of conduct for inter-departmental support on amfori BSCI
- Respond to member and auditor questions and issues on amfori BSCI
- Support the delivery of local and regional calibration meetings, and auditing project groups
- Support the amfori BSCI audit Assurance Programme (formerly the audit integrity programme) through quality audit reviews, completing operational risk assessments and providing technical guidance etc.
- Support investigations into allegations of unethical behaviour and poor standards
- Non complex data analysis
- Complete reports for different internal and external audiences
- Support amfori BEPI where required
- the Sustainability Monitoring Expert is oriented in Social Programs but could also support environmental programs
- The Sustainability Monitoring Expert has a cross-departmental expertise for operations and member support
- Must have 5+ years of expertise in social auditing/sustainability, with significant experience conducting on-site social audits (e.g. social auditing, internal auditing, quality management)
- Understanding of audit quality and integrity processes and experience completing various investigations
- Great intercultural communicator, understands and respects cultural sensitivities
- Near native level English, other languages a plus
- Experience in interpreting legal requirements for auditing and remediation purposes
- Customer and quality oriented
- Able to work on multiple project with multiple teams
- Able to prioritise and work under short deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work with a wide range of stakeholders (members, services providers, experts, …)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience in the following countries/regions would be considered a plus: China, Bangladesh, India, Turkey, South East Asia, South America
- Knowledge of environmental issues in the supply chain
- Permanent Contract
- Remuneration package, which includes lunch vouchers, group insurance, DKV hospital and dental insurance and contribution to public transportation for commute to work
- Possible travel within Europe and China; and
- An exciting international environment located in the heart of Brussels
Due to the current COVID-19 situation, the candidate would work from home until at least 31 May 2021. After then, they would be expected to work from amfori’s main office in Brussels.
How to apply
To apply send your CV and cover letter – before May 31st 2021 - to email@example.com mentioning ‘Sustainability Monitoring Expert’ in the subject line.