On 7 December 2018, amfori will host the 19th Sino-European CSR Round Table Forum in Shanghai.
From gender equality to empowering women, women’s development has always been a global proposition. International and national laws and regulation, as well as CSR standards/rules developed by international organizations, countries and the local include the protection of women’s rights. SDG 5 also advocates to achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls around the world. It is imperative that the private sector make it a top priority and part of their overall corporate strategy to drive lasting change for women’s rights and equality, and articulate these efforts as their contribution to the SDGs.
This day will examine some of the most pressing matters in
- How to align with the international standards and root in the local to clear the barriers and make women achieve their full potential at work,
- How to create a gender-inclusive working environment and advance their rights, health and wellbeing,
- How to promote gender equality and develop effective approaches to women’s empowerment,
- How to guide business to embed a gender lens in corporate operation and pursue sustainable supply chain development.
- Ms. Lin Bo,Deputy General Manager, GoldenBee CSR Consulting
- Mr. Richard FAIRBROTHER, Project Manager of Women Empowerment Study in China, Project Officer, IOM Office in China, International Organization for Migration
The debate will be moderated by Mr. Yu Zhihong, President and Editor-in-chief, China WTO Tribune
The event will be simultaneously translated in English and Chinese.
The full agenda can be found here
Date: 7 December 2018, from 1pm to 5.30pm
Venue: Meeting Room, 1F, Fenyang Garden Hotel
Address: NO.45 Fen Yang Road, Shanghai, China
Registration: Please click here to register prior Dec 1st (for amfori Members only)
For further information about the event content or logistics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com in our Hong Kong office.