In April 2020, amfori published amfori’s Living Wage Journey: Taking Stock and Setting the Way Forward, which outlines how amfori aims to approach the issue of living wages in global supply chains. Continuous improvement and collaboration are at the heart of how we intend to implement these commitments with our members.
Raising awareness and building capacity among businesses are one of seven key areas where amfori aims to take action. Against this background, amfori is collaborating with Sourcing Solutions to develop a new online training on living wages for amfori members. The training is addressed at CSR and purchasing departments.
The following two 1.5-hour online training sessions will be organised free of charge for amfori membe
Tuesday, 1 December, 2020 (10:00-11:30 CET) – Basics on Living Wage: The concept of living wage will be thoroughly explained and presented so the participants:
- get a good overview on living wage
- gain an awareness about the normative framework in comparison with fact-based realities
- recognise the complexity, challenges and possible solutions
- know where to find relevant information
- are able to contribute to the discussion and action
Basics on Living Wage course for Migrated and new members
Basics on Living Wage course for Non-migrated members
Thursday, 3 December, 2020 (10:00-11:30 CET) – Due Diligence in Costing and Implementation. This session will:
- Provide good practices examples of different approaches to practically implement living wages in global supply chains
- Provide in-depth calculation knowledge and know-how, based on industry realities and standards
- Introduce the concept of labour minute costing
- Help attendees to understand the challenges of due diligence in cost price negotiations
- Identify possible approaches and steps towards implementation
Due Diligence in Costing and Implementation course for Migrated and new members
Due Diligence in Costing and Implementation course for Non-migrated members
We recommended that you participate in both training sessions. However, depending on your level of maturity on the topic, you have the choice to participate only in the second session.
You can register on the amfori Academy.
amfori is currently also in the process of revising the concept of fair remuneration as part of the overall amfori BSCI Code of Conduct and System revision. Based on the revision, we will be exploring the development of further trainings for auditors, members and producers based on the updated fair remuneration concept. As part of amfori’s project on Responsible Purchasing Practices, we will explore further trainings on this topic.