As a business organisation with sustainability at the core of its mission, amfori welcomes the recent publication by the EU Commission of its proposal for a Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD).
1. Ensure coherence across EU policies driving sustainability, and strive for alignment with international standards
2. Design sustainability reporting in a way that businesses are allowed to prioritise action
3. Factor-in considerations around data availability when determining the most appropriate timeline for businesses to start reporting
4. Apply proportionality and a degree of flexibility when designing requirements for SMEs
5. Turn ESG disclosure into an opportunity for businesses to understand how they relate to the environment they operate in and to show the impacts they drive on the world.