amfori and China Toy & Juvenile Products Association (CTJPA) co-organised The Sustainable Toy Supply Chain Amidst Global Challenges Round Table in mid-October in Shanghai.
The round table united producers and amfori members to:
- Confront global challenges in the toy industry
- Share best practices and solutions in tackling these challenges, and
- Support businesses to stay competitive and sustainable.
Ms May Liang, President of CTJPA gave the opening remarks, expressing her excitement to seeing increasing exposure of international standards and efforts to drive sustainability within the toy industry.
Over 20 business executives from global buyers and major manufacturers shared their company strategies toward building a sustainable supply chain such as:
- Empowering both customers and the supply chain to create positive difference by raising awareness to sustainability issues and worker’s rights.
- Launching mobile applications and other initiatives to help educate workers to increase their quality of life and improve communication within factories.
- Introducing methods to rethink, reduce, reuse and recycle materials.
Mr Peter Handstein, CEO & Founder of HAPE believes that delivering the concept of sustainability to the next generation is especially important.
“Children are 20% of our population, but they are 100% of our future,” said Mr Handstein.
amfori and CTJPA are planning some informative workshops along this round table theme. Members of both organisations active in China will be invited to join the sessions later this year and early 2019.
For more information about amfori in Greater China, visit our local website cn.amfori.org.