During a recent visit to China, Christian Ewert, amfori Director General and Adam Dunnett, Secretary-General of the European Union Chamber of Commerce of China (EUCCC) met in Beijing to bring the two parties together and enhance their liaison and cooperation in EU-China relations.
On 6 March, they signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) outlining the organisations to:
- Promote sustainable trade and economic cooperation between EU and China;
- Inform each other on trade issues and market information;
- Explore joint research on public policy;
- Share relevant services provided by both organisations; and
- Facilitate the collaboration of small and medium-sized enterprises in the two regions to access new markets.
The agreement will last for two years before the possibility of an extension.
The aim of the MoU is to promote open and sustainable trade; corporate social responsibility along the global supply chain; and other commercially oriented activities to the benefit of their members.