Following a thorough review, amfori BEPI has updated the Self-Assessment Questionnaire (SAQ), which is the mandatory first-step for all producers on the BEPI platform. This new version, takes into account feedback from members and producers and is designed to make the SAQ easier to complete while ensuring that we continue to collect the most relevant and important information.
The amfori BEPI Self-Assessment provides members and their business partners with invaluable information and data and helps them prioritise next steps by providing:
- A comprehensive overview of the environmental management at the site
- Environmental data covering the last three years
- An analysis of strengths and weaknesses per area shown in an easy-to-read graph
- The carbon footprint of the site, calculated in line with the greenhouse gas protocol requirements
- A shortlist of the five most relevant environmental areas (hot spots), based on an analysis of the production processes carried out on-site
- Access to a starter-kit for the shortlisted environmental areas, showing how producers can get started in managing their environmental impacts
With more than 2100 SAQs already completed, we are able to see some of the key trends and hot spots with regards to producer performance. Members can have an overview of the results in their own supply chain through the amfori Sustainability Dashboard.
Diagram: Overall performance vs. relevance (hot spot indicated) for each environmental area, as seen in the self-assessment results.
The SAQ is available in six languages, and producers are asked to verify and update their information at least every two years. The re-validation process is designed to balance minimal effort needed from producers and having relevant information kept up to date and accurate.
Access to the SAQ, is free of charge for producers in the amfori BEPI system; giving them a cost-effective, easy-to-use start towards continuous environmental improvement.
Join the growing amfori BEPI network: There are currently more than 360 members participating in amfori BEPI, with more than 3000 producers active on the platform from 50+ countries, covering 20 sectors. If you would like more information, join us at the BEPI Networking Lunch at this year’s annual conference in Amsterdam on 12 June.