The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is affecting hundreds of thousands of people and has resulted, all over the world, in strict health and safety measures. As an organisation founded on ensuring strong safety and social conditions for workers and employees across global supply chains, we are also taking steps to ensure our people are safe, while we maintain the usual business continuity as much as possible despite the challenges we all currently face.
- All our employees are currently working from home, as our IT infrastructure is set up to ensure the confidentiality, connectivity and contactability also when working remotely.
- All business travel for amfori representatives has been suspended until further notice.
- All amfori-hosted events or meetings in Europe and Asia scheduled to take place in coming weeks and months have been cancelled or postponed. At this moment in time, activities in the Americas remain unaffected. Where available, meetings will be organised electronically through videoconference or telephone.
These measures will apply until 10 April 2020, when we will review and evaluate the situation to provide a further update. In the meanwhile, amfori remains at your disposal and will continue to provide you with our latest updates:
- Our frontline membership support remains available by phone (+32 (0) 2 741 64 76) and email.
- Regular updates on the impact of COVID-19 on supply chain, auditing and capacity building on a fortnightly basis available through this portal.
- Join our member webinar on 31 March as we examine how businesses can source sustainably during this global public health crisis and how best to deal with disruptions in supply chains.
While these measures diverge from normal business activities at amfori, ensuring everybody’s safety in this time of difficulty is our number one priority. Our thoughts are with you and your families at this difficult time.