UN Women, in collaboration with amfori, have published their Gender-Responsive Procurement Guidance Note.
The Guidance Note helps companies implement the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs). Focusing on Principle 5, implementing supply chain and marketing practices that empower women, the guidance note specifically aims to support WEPs signatories in prioritising, establishing and implementing gender-responsive and ethical procurement practices without compromising quality, efficiency, cost savings or value for money.
The publication helps companies transform their procurement processes by offering guidance on:
- Stakeholder Management
In June, amfori and UN Women signed an MOU committing to jointly advance gender equality and women’s empowerment among businesses. This Guidance Note contributes to that objective and helps companies to put the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEPs) into practice.
- Gender-Responsive Procurement Guidance Note
- amfori Members launch WEPs Activator: initiative to empower women
- amfori and UN Women: New Partners
- Step-by-Step Guide to Implementing Social Dialogue on Gender
- International Women’s Day: amfori signs UN Women Empowerment Principles and launches its Gender Strategy