amfori is proud to announce that our Women’s Empowerment Programme has been officially launched with many activities underway.
The Women’s Empowerment Programme aims to create an enabling workplace environment for women and men and drive long-term social performance improvements for amfori members and their producers.
Its benefits include access to:
- Training and special workshops;
- Events and networking opportunities;
- Guidance and tools to embed a gender lens in your due diligence processes; as well as
- Positioning of your company as a leader in women's empowerment.
amfori as a part of its Vision 2030, offers support to our members to contribute to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), a collection of 17 global goals set by the United Nations Development Programme. The amfori Women's Empowerment Programme aligns with SDG 5 to ‘achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls’ and SDG 8 to ‘promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.’
Currently, three initiatives
are in progress and are run by key local stakeholder partners:
- Bangladesh: the Shobola Project working with the CSR Centre to empower women in the ready-made garment sector
- China: a research-led project led by the International Organization of Migration
- India: a workshop series in collaboration with the Confederation of Indian Industry to increase awareness among producers on labour rights and grievance mechanisms
Interested in engaging in our activities? Sign up and register to participate.